Captain Clegg is a 1962 Hammer Film Productions film. In the United States, it is known as Night Creatures. It is loosely based on Doctor Syn and stars Peter Cushing, Yvonne Romain, and Patrick Allen.
Captain Collier (Patrick Allen) and his band of sailors show up to an English coastal town to investigate reports of "Marsh Phantoms" who ride by night spreading terror to the town. The Captain suspects that the local reverend (Peter Cushing) might be hiding something. Are the phantoms genuine or a cover for illegal smuggling activities?
- Peter Cushing as Parson Blyss/Captain Clegg
- Yvonne Romain as Imogene
- Patrick Allen as Captain Collier
- Oliver Reed as Harry
- Michael Ripper as Mipps
- David Lodge as Bosun
- Derek Francis as Squire
- Jack MacGowran as Frightened man
- Peter Halliday as 1st sailor
- Martin Benson as Rash
- Daphne Anderson as Mrs. Rash
- Milton Reid as Mulatto
- Terry Scully as 2nd sailor
- Rupert Osborn as Gerry
- Sydney Bromley as Tom Ketch
- Gordon Rollings as Wurzel
- Bob Head as Peg-leg
- Colin Douglas as Pirate bosun
- Directed by Peter Graham Scott
- Screenplay by John Elder (Anthony Hinds)
- Produced by John Temple-Smith
- Music by Don Banks
- Musical supervisor: Philip Martell
- Director of photography: Arthur Grant, B.S.C.
- Production design by Bernard Robinson
- Art direction by Don Mingaye
- Supervising editor: James Needs
- Edited by Eric Boyd-Perkins
- Make-up by Roy Ashton
- Special effects by Les Bowie
- Fight sequences staged by Bob Simmons
In North America, the film was released on 6 September 2005 along with seven other Hammer horror films on the 4-DVD set The Hammer Horror Series (ASIN: B0009X770O), which is part of MCA-Universal's Franchise Collection.
A Blu-ray was released in the UK on 23 June 2014 by Final Cut Entertainment.
- Captain Clegg at the Internet Movie Database