Christopher Greenbury, ACE (September 24, 1951 â" January 4, 2007) was a British film editor with more than thirty film credits dating from 1979's The Muppet Movie. With Tariq Anwar, he won the BAFTA Award for Best Editing for American Beauty (1999). American Beauty is a serious drama, but in general Greenbury edited comedy films, including six directed by the Farrelly brothers commencing with 1994's Dumb and Dumber.
Greenbury had been elected to membership in the American Cinema Editors (ACE).
Based on Greenbury's filmography at the Internet Database. The director and release date of each film are indicated in parenthesis.
- Where the Buffalo Roam (Linson â" 1980)
- Doctor Detroit (Pressman â" 1983)
- Some Kind of Hero (Pressman â" 1983)
- The Heavenly Kid (Medoway â" 1985)
- <i>Haunted Honeymoon (Wilder â" 1986)
- The Naked Gun 2Â½: The Smell of Fear (Zucker â" 1991)
- Dumb and Dumber (Farrelly â" 1994)
- Bio-Dome (Bloom â" 1996)
- Kingpin (Farrelly â" 1996)
- There's Something About Mary (Farrelly â" 1998)
- American Beauty (Mendes â" 1999)
- Me, Myself & Irene (Farrelly â" 2000)
- Serendipity (Chelsom â" 2001)
- Stuck on You (Farrelly â" 2003)
- Daddy Day Care (Carr â" 2003)
- Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (Shankman â" 2005)
- The Pacifier (Shankman â" 2005)
- Gettin' It (Gaitatjis - 2006)
- Wild Hogs (Becker â" 2007)
Editing award nominations for American Beauty
In addition to winning the BAFTA, the editors of American Beauty were also nominated for the Academy Award for Film Editing, an ACE Eddie Award, the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award, the Online Film Critics Society Award and the Satellite Award.
- Greenbury, Christopher; Anwar, Tariq (Marchâ"April 2000). "Nominees for Best Achievement in Film Editing". Editors Guild Magazine (Motion Picture Editors Guild).Â Greenbury and Anwar reflect on the editing of American Beauty, for which they had been nominated for the Academy Award. Greenbury was the original editor of the film, but left it for another commitment; Anwar then finished the editing.