College is a 2008 comedy starring Drake Bell, Andrew Caldwell, and Kevin Covais and directed by first-time director Deb Hagan. It was released on August 29, 2008, by MGM.
After Kevin (Drake Bell), a high school senior, gets dumped by his girlfriend Gina (Alona Tal) for being too boring, he does not want to go to the freshman orientation weekend at Fieldmont University, where they had planned to go together. But his best friends Carter (Andrew Caldwell) and Morris (Kevin Covais) convince him that the weekend away will help get his mind off her. Once they are there, one of the rowdiest fraternities and sororities on campus pretends to recruit them as pledges in return for granting them access to the college party scene. Though forced to put up with the disgusting antics of fraternity brothers Teague (Nick Zano), Bearcat (Gary Owen), and Cooper (Zach Cregger), the guys meet sorority girls Kendall (Haley Bennett), Heather (Camille Mana), and Amy (Nathalie Walker), and sparks fly. But once Teague feels threatened by Kevin's new relationship with Kendall, he takes the pre-frosh humiliation to a greater level, forcing the guys to decide to fight back.
- Drake Bell as Kevin Brewer
- Kevin Covais as Morris Hooper
- Andrew Caldwell as Carter Scott
- Haley Bennett as Kendall Hartley
- Nick Zano as Tony 'Teague' Garrison
- Gary Owen as Brian 'Bearcat' Miller
- Zach Cregger as Cooper Montague
- Camille Mana as Heather Gellar
- Nathalie Walker as Amy Steward
- Alona Tal as Gina Hedlund
- Ryan Pinkston as Fletcher
- Reggie Martinez as Goose
- Verne Troyer as himself
- Valentina Vaughn as herself (Penthouse Pet)
- Heather Vandeven as herself (Penthouse Pet)
- Andree Moss as Ashley
- Carolyn Moss as Riley
- Wendy Talley as Kevin's Mom
- Brandi Coleman as College Girl #1
- Jessica Heap as College Girl #2
- Todd Voltz as Nitrous Guy
- Melissa Lingafelt as Junior Girl
- Brandy Blake as Girl #1
- Ava Santana as Girl #2
- Stephanie Honore as Ginaâs Friend
- Josh Tenk as himself
- Tracy Mulholland as Mean Sorority Sister
The film was released on Labor Day weekend August 29, 2008 in 2,123 theaters.
Many of the scenes of the actors at university are filmed on the campus of Tulane University in New Orleans and Grace King High School in Metairie on January 2007.
The film was panned by critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a rating of 5%, based on 42 reviews, with an average rating of 2.5/10. The site's consensus reads: "A pale imitation of the raunchy frat comedies of old, College aims low and misses." On Metacritic, the film holds a score of 15 out of 100, based on 11 critics, indicating "overwhelming dislike".
The film was released on August 29, 2008, in 2,123 theaters. It made US$2.6 million over the Labor Day weekend. The film has grossed an estimated $4.7 million in America and $1.6 million in other territories for a total gross of $6.3 million worldwide.
The film was released on Region 1 DVD, January 27, 2009.The DVD includes both the Theatrical and Unrated versions of the film as well as a Gag Reel.
- College at the Internet Movie Database
- College at AllMovie