Teddy Geiger (born John Theodore Geiger II on September 16, 1988) is an American singer-songwriter, music producer and occasional actor. He is known to play the guitar, bass, piano & drums.
Geiger has released two albums to date Underage Thinking and The Last Fears. In addition to his own music he is a versatile songwriter/producer and is a featured artist on Tiesto's 2013 album Clublife 3 Stockholm with the single "Love and Run". Club Life 3 debuted at number 16 in the Billboard Charts and number 1 in multiple dance charts worldwide. Geiger co-wrote/co-produced "Little Black Dress" on One Direction's album Midnight Memories released in Nov 2013. The album debuted at number 1 in 26 countries. He also co-wrote the song "Stitches" from Shawn Mendes' debut album Handwritten which debuted at number 1 in the United States and Canada.
Early life and education
e="Teddy Geiger" alt="Teddy Geiger" style="width:400px;display:block;margin-left: auto;margin-right: auto" src="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/88/FYIW(C).jpg/220px-FYIW(C).jpg">
Teddy Geiger was born in Buffalo, New York, later moving to Rochester, New York. He wrote his first song at the age of 10. Raised a Roman Catholic, Geiger attended McQuaid Jesuit High School through his junior year.
Teddy Geiger was first seen in national media as a finalist in VH1's In Search of the Partridge Family and earned credibility when touring with Hilary Duff as the opening act for her summer 2005 tour Still Most Wanted. His first single, "For You I Will (Confidence)", was officially released in February 2006. The song received positive reviews, being called "sweetly romantic" and said to contain "sophisticated lyrics", besides being nominated for "Best Love Song" in the 2006 Teen Choice Awards.
Underage Thinking (2006)
His debut album, Underage Thinking, was released on March 21, 2006, and peaked at number eight (#8) in the US Billboard 200 albums chart. The album won the award for "Best Album of the Year" at the annual MusiqTone MusiqAwards. Geiger was also nominated for "New Artist of the Year" but lost to Panic! at the Disco. Geiger also received an AVMA for the "highly coveted" Brand Spankin' New Artist in 2007.
In September 2006, his second single "These Walls" was released and steadily played on radio stations. A couple of months later, Geiger appeared on the cover of Seventeen, becoming the first male on the cover of the magazine in five years.
The Last Fears (2013)
In November 2011, Geiger announced that he was working on a new album The Last Fears. The self-produced album was released on May 14, 2013 through his own label Jabbarock and is available worldwide on iTunes.
Geiger acted in a small role on the cult series Love Monkey, which originally aired on CBS and was quickly moved to VH1. He played a young up-and-coming musician Wayne Jensen, starring alongside Tom Cavanagh and Jason Priestley. His song "For You I Will (Confidence)" was featured as the theme to the show on later episodes.
His feature-film debut came on August 20, 2008, with The Rocker, starring Emma Stone, Christina Applegate, Josh Gad, and Rainn Wilson. On December 16, 2012, Geiger was featured on the television show Royal Pains, singing at Evan and Paige's wedding.
Television and movie appearances
- ^ "For You I Will (Confidence)" review
- ^ Musiqtone Awards
- ^ "Teddy Geiger Set to Headline the 'TG33 4U Tour' of North America Beginning June 11". Reuters.com (Thomson Reuters). 2008-06-02. Retrieved 2009-08-10.Â
- ^ The Rocker IMDB
- ^ Album chart positions in the U.S.
- ^ http://teddygeiger.com/
- ^ "Teddy Geiger Album & Song Chart History - Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved January 8, 2011.Â
- ^ "Teddy Geiger Album & Song Chart History - Adult Pop Songs". Billboard. Retrieved January 8, 2011.Â
- ^ "Teddy Geiger Album & Song Chart History - Pop Songs". Billboard. Retrieved January 8, 2011.Â
- ^ "australian-charts.com - Australian charts portal". Hung Medien. Retrieved January 8, 2011.Â
- ^ "charts.org.nz - New Zealand charts portal". Hung Medien. Retrieved January 8, 2011.Â
- ^ "RIAA - Gold & Platinum - January 8, 2011: Teddy Geiger certified singles". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved January 8, 2011.Â
- Official Teddy Geiger Website
- Teddy Geiger on Facebook
- Teddy Geiger on Twitter
- Teddy Geiger at the Internet Movie Database